The human body is an ecosystem that is constantly seeking to maintain inner balance to function optimally. Proper nutrition is a vital factor to reach body’s inner balance, and a balanced and varied diet is important to get a mental and physical well-being, as well as an overall health for the years to come.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), it is recommended to consume a minimum of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day1. It is important to add in the daily diet fruits and vegetables from all 5 colour groups – green, white, yellow, red and purple2 –, each one delivering specific and valuable nutrients. In fact, plants not only contain different vitamins and minerals, but also secondary compounds known as phytonutrients (phyto from the Greek = plant and nutrients = life-enabling substances), which give plants their typical colour and are thought to be beneficial for human health.
Despite the importance of adding variety to the daily diet, 3 of 4 adults worldwide do not meet this recommended dietary intake3. In fact, especially during stressful periods (e.g. during seasonal changes or having a hectic daily routine), it might be more and more challenging to get from diet alone all the nutrients body and mind need to function properly: that’s why choosing the right solution to fill potential nutritional gaps is important to support organism’s general health and well-being. To enrich the body’s natural potential and to feel the very best every day, NUTRILITE™, the world’s #1 selling vitamins and dietary supplements brand4 exclusively distributed by Amway, launches a renewed formula of the iconic NUTRILITE DOUBLE X food supplement.
As the number one selling multivitamin multi-mineral with phytonutrients from five phytonutrient colour groups5, NUTRILITE DOUBLE X helps people to fill potential gaps in their daily diet and to support body health by providing 12 essential vitamins, 10 essential minerals and important phytonutrients from all five colour groups2.
The renewed formula of NUTRILITE DOUBLE X food supplement contains PhytoBlend™, an exclusive complex derived from 22 fruits, vegetables and herbs that are not always easy to get with your everyday diet. In this way, NUTRILITE DOUBLE X provides a wide phytonutrient spectrum, ensuring that the body receives botanicals from all the five colour groups, adding variety to the daily diet.
These ingredients further enrich the food supplement’s phytopower, using more phytonutrient-dense extracts, even in smaller and easy-to-swallow tablets.
Since 1934, NUTRILITE brand scientists have been working together controlling the entire production process, from seed to supplement, in order to guarantee high product quality. With NUTRILITE DOUBLE X the best of nature meets the best of science to help people benefit from premium, scientifically-proven support for their body, helping the brain and nervous system, supporting the immune system and the energy-yielding metabolism, but also contributing to a more general well-being of the human organism6.
With no artificial sweeteners, colours, flavours or any preservatives, the new NUTRILITE DOUBLE X comes in a modern and easy-to-open tray, which guarantees a comfortable experience. For optimal benefits and a better absorption of all the nutrients, it is recommended to take 3 tablets twice a day, with a meal: in the morning, to enrich the body’s natural potential throughout the day, and in the evening, to replenish inner balance overnight.
|Per day||NRV* in %|
|Vitamin A||800 μg RE||100|
|Beta Carotene||2.4 mg||–|
|Vitamin D3||7.5 μg||150|
|Vitamin E||12 mg TE||100|
|Vitamin C||160 mg||200|
|Vitamin B1||2.2 mg||200|
|Vitamin B2||2.8 mg||200|
|Niacin (Nicotinamide)||16 mg NE||100|
|Vitamin B6||2.8 mg||200|
|Folic Acid||200 μg||100|
|Vitamin B12||2.5 μg||100|
|Panthotenic Acid||12 mg||200|
|Per day||NRV* in %|
|Iodine (from kelp powder & potassium iodide)||130 μg||87|
|Rosmarinic Acid||10 mg|
|Total Anthocyanin||3 mg|
*NUTRIENT REFERENCE VALUE
1 Diet, nutrition and the prevention of chronic diseases. Report of a Joint FAO/WHO Expert Consultation. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2003 (WHO Technical Report Series, No. 916).
2 GREEN: Parsley, Kelp, Spinach, Peppermint, Rosemary, Watercress, Alfalfa. PURPLE: Blueberry, Elderberry, Grapes, Blackcurrant. WHITE: Sophora japonica, Amla, Onion. RED: Tomato, Acerola. YELLOW: Sweet Orange, Marigold, Mandarine, Grapefruit, Turmeric, Lemon.
3 The majority of adults (around 75%) worldwide report consuming less than the minimum of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day recommended by the World Health Organization. “Global assessment of select phytonutrient intakes by level of fruit and vegetable consumption“; Mary M. Murphy, Leila M. Barraj and Judith H. Spungen; British Journal of Nutrition (2014), 112, 1004–1018. Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4162485/pdf/S0007114514001937a.pdf
4 Source: Euromonitor International Limited; Vitamins and Dietary Supplements, World GBN, Retail Value RSP, % breakdown, 2017
5 Source Euromonitor International Limited; Retail Value RSP terms; all channels, 2017
6 NUTRILITE TM DOUBLE XTM delivers premium support to your body in many forms:
- BRAIN AND NERVOUS SYSTEM FUNCTION: Iodine supports normal cognitive functioning. Vitamin B12 contributes to normal psychological functioning. Copper supports the normal functioning of the nervous system.
- IMMUNE SYSTEM: Vitamin C contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system.
- ENERGY-YIELDING METABOLISM: Niacin supports a normal energy-yielding metabolism.
- MANAGEMENT OF INFLAMMATORY RESPONSES: Curcumin helps to manage inflammatory responses.
- DIGESTION AND LIVER: Calcium supports the normal functioning of digestive enzymes. Rosemary and Curcumin help support normal liver functioning.
- CELLULAR HEALTH AND DEFENCE AGAINST OXIDATIVE STRESS: Calcium has a role in the process of cell division and specialisation. Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- HEART FUNCTION: Vitamin B6 supports normal homocysteine metabolism and thiamine contributes to the normal functioning of the heart.
- BONE FUNCTION: Vitamin D is needed for the maintenance of normal bones.
- MUSCLE FUNCTION: Magnesium contributes to normal muscle functioning.
- EYE FUNCTION/VISION: Vitamin A supports the maintenance of normal vision.
- SKIN, HAIR AND NAILS: Biotin contributes to the maintenance of normal skin and hair. Vitamin C supports normal collagen formation, helping the skin function normally. Selenium and Zinc contribute to the maintenance of normal nails.
- BALANCED HORMONES: Vitamin B6 supports the regulation of hormonal activity and pantothenic acid contributes to the normal synthesis and metabolism of steroid hormones, Vitamin D and some neurotransmitters.
In addition, a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle are of general importance.