One of the hottest beauty trends today is lip color, with bold, eye-popping shades taking center stage.
You say your lips aren’t quite runway-ready? No worries! Just for you, here are our best lip-loving tips:
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Lips love water, so drink it up all day long. Seriously, we can’t over-emphasize the need for water.
- Live in the desert or an especially dry area? A humidifier helps keep your lips – and skin – hydrated and younger-looking.
- Those fine lines above your upper lip are caused by sun exposure, age, and – you knew this was coming – smoking. Apply a product with retinol on the area around the lips, such as Artistry™ Intensive Skincare Anti-Wrinkle Firming Serum, to help smooth lines on the upper lip area.
Use a sunscreen and lip balm to protect delicate lips from sun damage.
Now that your lips look luscious, it’s time for color. Our advice: If you love a particular shade, go for it!
Lipstick doesn’t have to match anything else in your cosmetics wardrobe.
In fact, some of the best lip looks feature a bold color contrasted against a simple outfit or little black dress. Brighter can be better!
For lipstick that lasts …
- Use a damp washcloth to gently buff and smooth lips.
- Apply lipstick evenly. Blot with a tissue, then apply a second coat.
- Dust your lips lightly with face powder to set the color.
- Finish with gloss. One to try: Artistry light-up lip gloss.
“You get a gorgeous pop of color with just the right amount of shine when layering lipstick and gloss,” says Rick DiCecca, Global Makeup Artist.