It’s almost Halloween, and you still don’t have a costume. Maybe you don’t have plans, but part of you wants to be ready – just in case something comes up.
We are here to help! Using only what’s in your makeup bag, maybe a few shades or colors borrowed from a friend, and some props, you can easily create a captivating Cleopatra, a marvelous mermaid or a ghoulish “glampire.”
We will show you over thanks to Phoenix-area makeup artist Maria Micsunecu. For starters, lipstick can be used on more than your lips and eye liner isn’t just for eyes.
We supplied Maria with a variety of Artistry makeup —the type people have in their regular makeup collection — and we challenged her to create a look that is easy to replicate and could anchor a Halloween costume.
We think she nailed it! See the products and simple steps she used under th
Or, use these techniques to create ae video so you can recreate it yourself. Simply make adjustments for your own skin tone and have some fun.n entirely new look for your costume. Take a look, tell us what you think!
- Blend in Artistry Youth Xtend Lifting Smoothing Foundation in caramel and set with Artistry Exact Fit Perfecting Loose Powder in light.
- Apply shades two and three from Artistry Studio On-the-Go Face & Eye Palette in Liberty Light to eyelids. Top it off with the peachy-pink gold from Artistry Studio Limited Edition Illuminating Light Up Compact, Broadway Lights edition.
- Using Artistry Signature Color Longwearing Eye Pencil in black, apply a thick line on the top and bottom of the eye, with a slight wing corners. Repeat using Artistry Signature Color Longwearing Liquid Liner in black, this time finishing with a dramatic wing.
- Add contouring with Artistry Exact Fit Perfecting Concealer in deep/very deep, applying it under the cheek bones, under and along the side of the nose, at the temples and the lower part of the chin. Blend.
- Apply all three shades in the Artistry Studio Limited Edition Illuminating Light Up Compact on top of cheek bones, above lip, in the middle of the nose and on collar bones.
- Add shade five from Artistry Studio On-the-Go Face & Eye Palette in Midtown Medium to the apple of the cheeks.
- Use Artistry Automatic EyeBrow Pencil in brown to fill in the brows, extending their length down the sides for a dramatic look.
- Apply Artistry Exact Fit Perfecting Concealer in the light shade followed by the pink nude shade of Artistry Signature Color Light Up Lip Gloss. Using a small brush, top it off with the peachy-pink gold from the Artistry Studio Limited Edition Illuminating Light Up Compact.
- Finish the look with Artistry Studio Lash Boosting 3-in-1 Mascara in Gotham Black.